CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

I just wanted to share this.

I woke up early today, so I thought about reading more on something that's been in my head for two days now. Sunday I went to church with my dad, and there was a guest speaker. One thing that he brought up will not leave my brain. He didn't actually say anything, I guess, it's the scripture he used that spoke to me.




Mark 4:35-41, "That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, "Let us go over to the other side". Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so it was nearly swamped. Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him up and said to him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?" And he got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?" They were terrified and asked each other, "Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!"



Now most people stop reading there. But I would like to add the next verse, chapter 5, verse 1: "And they crossed the lake..."



He finished what he had set out to do.



First, he said, "us" because he is always with us. Second, he said, "Go", and commanded action. Third, he finished the mission by saying "to the other side", so it was as if it was already completed because he spoke it.



In verse 36, it says the disciples "left the crowd", just as I will have to leave some people and things behind. But they took Jesus with them, "just as he was" because he is all we need.



The storm, to me, represents the hard times and struggles that will inevitably come. I may feel at times that I can't go on or that Jesus is "asleep under the boat". But I have to remember that he is always with me because he said, "I will never leave you, nor forsake you." (Joshua 1:5)



Also, I have to remember that he who, in 3 words, calmed the storm, can also calm any 'storm' that may enter into my life. And I should never forget that he is with me, "always, even until the end of this age." (Matthew 28:20)



Back to Mark 5:1, He finished the task before him. Should there have ever been any doubt? He spoke it! And completing that task it brought them to their next, which was healing the demon-possessed man.



It took faith in Jesus and His word, and trusting that he would fulfill his promise to get them across the lake. It was rough, but Jesus never left them. And it allowed them to arrive to the real purpose which was waiting on the other side of the lake.I may not know what lies ahead, but I have to trust that God will get me through this task He has in front of me and bring me safely to the next task, according to His Will.

0 comments: