CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

A tribute to a wonderful mother

Tonight, two years ago, was the worst night of my life. My sisters and I sat and watched our moma pass into the arms of Jesus. It was actually about 3am on Monday, the 27th, but that whole weekend was horrible. I only say it was a bad night for the rest of us. I can't imagine how wonderful it was for my moma. She had been sick for over 5 years and for the months prior to her death, she was in horrible, miserable health. It was hard for us as a family to watch her in such pain, day in and day out, but I would've taken it all to myself if I could have. I know my sisters and my grandmother feel exactly the same. I miss moma so much. Sometimes I would give anything to see her again, even for only a moment. I want to call her and tell her things that are going on in my life. I want to see her laugh so hard at some stupid TV show that she cries. I want her to cook breakfast for us the way she did some weekends; even though it was only the two of us, she would cook so much food and we would always eat it all. I guess she never really got used to cooking for only two, because we always had leftovers of everything. I want to ride to work with her and listen to her tell me crazy stories about some of the patients. If she ever went to the store, she would ALWAYS bring me a prize, even when I was older. My sister does that for me now. Everyone loved my moma. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had the best laugh. I want to hear her voice. I know everyone thinks this, but I had the best. I know now that she is no more pain and that one day I will see her again and we will sing for Eternity in the presence of our Savior. What a great hope. What would I do without that? It would be unbearable. I don't know why God decided to take her so soon, but I am thankful that I had her as mine for 23 years. I am very proud of her and her life. I hope I can be just like her when I am a mother some day. My sisters already are.


0 comments: