CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Praise be to God!

This week has seemed a little stressful, not really, but I just had a lot to do and think about, and it all seemed to come together at once. I only have a little time left and I'm trying to use it wisely. That, along with making some final decisions about exactly what I will do when I get back to Guate.




I have been so blessed today. God is so faithful, even through our short comings. I was given the opportunity to speak at two different churches today. This morning I spoke about 10 minutes and sang a few songs at Freedom Christian Center in Elkmont. This is a different kind of church in the fact, well, first of all, it's come as you are. I wore dress pants and a pink shirt, and I was probably the most dressed up person there. Jeans and T-shirts are the norm, but that's only the beginning. They accept people for who they are and where they come from. They are non-judgemental and loving to all people. A really great ministry they have in Elkmont. They are erecting, as we speak, a new building in West Limestone County (Salem) and really growing as a body.



Tonight, I was invited to share at my sister's church in Toney, Harmony Baptist. I had the whole service, about an hour, and I was so nervous. If I'm behind a guitar, singing, I feel much more comfortable than just standing there, guitarless, just me speaking to all of those people. But they made me feel so at home. I sang a few songs and shared about Guatemala and the girls' home and what I do in Guatemala. They were all so interested and before I knew it there had been an hour and it was over.



I was blessed in so many ways. Just knowing that those people will be praying for me is such a comfort.



I will let you in on a little secret: Those who support me, whether it be through prayer, finacially, or encouragement, go with me and are there with me every time they pray.



Today was a great day!

0 comments: