CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 12, 2007

praise and prayer request

I just received an email from my friend Cyndi, who works with the girls from Shadow. She told me that Joanne's (the director) father passed away yesterday morning. I'm sure it is a very sad time for her. She's been with him over the past week, and so Carroll said she was very tired. But they are also rejoicing because he just recently gave his life to Christ!!

Please keep Joanne and Gib, and their family in your prayers.

They are celebrating the 15 year birthday parties there next week. (15 is bigger than sweet 16 in the States) It's probably the 2nd biggest day in a girl's life, besides her wedding day. So, Lily and Sindy will celebrate next week. I'm not sure if we'll make it or not, since it's on a Thursday night, but I'm hoping to get to take Daddy and Jami that weekend.

Oh yeah, by the way... I guess I can write it here now, since she knows!! Daddy and Jami are coming to visit me!! They come in Friday night!! I'm so excited!! I've known for over a month, but Daddy didn't tell Jami until yesterday. (it was her birthday!) So, we can finally stop whispering about it! Our friends Mike and Carol are coming too!! I really can't wait! This week will not go by fast enough!! I'm trying to do a little bit of "spring cleaning" every morning and not wait until the last minute. With it being dry season, it's really pointless when 5 minutes later everything is covered again, but it has to be done.

They are bringing the strollers down that everyone has pitched in to buy! I was able to buy two and some theraputic toys also!! Plus I had some left over, so I'll just give that to Amor de NiƱo for whatever needs they may have. Thank you all so, so much for your help! I could not have done it without you!! God bless you!!! I will take lots of pictures and post them as soon as I can!!

0 comments: