CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rosa's radio

I was so touched yesterday afternoon. Sarah invited me to eat japanese, but first I had some stuff I needed to return to Amor del Niño. (towels the girls left, a book, etc.) Among the stuff was a radio that I had talked to Rosa about. I was not taking the radio home with me and Rosa had mentioned to me that she was praying about buying one. So, I had promised mine to her.

I had no idea what a big deal it was to her until I took it over yesterday. I just handed it to her like it was nothing, and then became distracted by the children around my feet. When I looked up, she stopped me and said that she just wanted to say thank you to me for the radio. That she had been praying about wanting one for awhile now and that it was such a blessing to her. She was on the verge of tears as she thanked me.

I felt ashamed for not realizing how important it was to her. It also humbled me to think about how thankful she was for such a small thing... that meant nothing to me. At the same time it blessed me so much to make her so happy and for God to answer her prayers through me.

She hugged me so tight after saying thanks. It was one of the good things about yesterday.

0 comments: