CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy (late) Mother's Day!!

Well, I'd like to wish you all a very happy mother's day (late)... I had a great weekend of relaxing on the lake with friends. I got a sweet "Happy Mother's day" text message from Gino yesterday and several calls and emails. It is so cool... and surreal to think that it is true. I am a mother.


Mother's day is always hard without my mom here. I miss her so much it is impossible to even begin to explain. It is always hard hearing friends talking about what they are doing for mother's day and what they're buying their mom's for mother's day.


She was a very special lady who I am so grateful to have as a mother. She was just plain ol' nice. Nice, nice, nice. I miss her laugh. So bad. Like, sometimes I just try really hard to remember what it sounded like. I can definitely see her face when she laughed, but I have to really try hard to remember the sound. Memories can make me laugh and cry at the same time, which is amazing. I wouldn't bring her back from where she is for anything, but I sure wish she'd be here when Flor gets home or when Gino and I get married. I hope none of you ever take for granted your mothers. Tell them how much you love them and spend as much time with them as you can!!



2 comments:

Bill and Melodie said...

what a sweet post about your mom. I am grateful for mine and hope inever take her for granted. I hope I will be as good a mother to my girls as she is to me!

I know she would be proud of you and love Flor to pieces, who doesn't?

Amy said...

Your mom is pretty! I am sure she would be so proud of you!