CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

12 months ago...

... I was a completely different person that I am today. The past year's experiences have truly made me clay in his hands each and every day, renewing the way I think, the way I trust, and the way I live even. This month, one year ago, I sent off my application for a contract home study to start the -what has become- long process of bringing my girl home.

  • October 2, 2007, I sent off the application.
  • October 8, 2007, I got a job to where I would actually be able to adopt her.
  • October 19, 2007, my first home study visit.

I can't believe it has been a year. I am 12 months pregnant on paper and if I get any "fatter" I think I'll just explode!! It has been a year of worrying, then giving it all back to God (again), a year of morning "sickness" 24 hours a day, a year of not being able to wait another minute to see the life inside of me (in my heart). Please God let her come home soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you on this post! I hit the year mark in September! It has been a painful pregnancy! The way Ethiopia works is that once court passes Ben is mine and I can travel to get him 5 weeks after court. However, court has already failed once, so I am SUPER nervous! Do you have any idea as to when you might bring your little home?

Bill and Melodie said...

Amanda, we are praying with you for her to come home soon! I keep telling Fern that Flor is coming home soon!!! Love you!

The Heinrichs said...

This is so sweet! I feel the exact same way. Soon I am sure we will forget all about the long long wait once our girls are home!

Amy Clemons said...

You must miss her like crazy. I am hoping for good news and praying for you both. God's timing will be perfect.

Bill and Melodie said...

Fern and I just said a prayer for Flor to get out of PGN TODAY!!!
With a child-like faith, Melodie and Fern...