CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

always learning

I've had a whole whole lot on my mind this past week. Lots of changes and concerns that have occupied almost every thought I've had. I've been trying to figure things out on my own. I felt like I couldn't help it and worst of all, I couldn't stop these thoughts. I kept trying to give them over to God, but then I'd just take them right back and I couldn't stop! Last night, as I was opening my mail for the week, I came to a realization: Did God create me to be Flor's mother? Did he call on this journey of adoption? Is he about to unite mother and daughter from across the globe?How awesome is he? How many times has he proven to me that he will provide my every need, and not be a minute late. He has provided the finances I have to needed to follow him several times, like when I moved to Guatemala and when I first started the adoption process, for example. But the concerns I've had this week have been about lives, relationships, and family. Something completely new to me. He is teaching me a whole new way to trust him. He is showing me that he is the lover of my soul. He sees every need and knows every thought before I even have them, and he knows the answer!! He has called me on this journey because it is his, and he will see it through. So, I cast all my cares on him, for he cares for me. (1 Peter 5:7) It is his Word. It is truth. I know I will fail, doubt, worry... again and again... but thankfully I can always count on him to stay steadfast. His promises are always good.

I am so thankful for that.

2 comments:

Amy said...

We should all write a book together one day - wouldn't that be cool :). So glad that God is teaching you more and more - I am with ya sista!

~Laura~ said...

I'm right there with ya sister! I don't know alot right now but I know HE'S faithful.