CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Moma


Today Moma would have been 58 years old. In 2 weeks it will be 6 years, but it really feels like I haven't seen her in so, so long and I miss her.
I think I must have been about 6 or 7 years old in this picture. It's one of my favorite pictures ever.

I look like I was such a joy to be around this day, but moma looks beautiful!!

This one was before leaving on one of my many trips to Guatemala. That was back when being gone for one week was SUCH a big deal!!

I can't wait to tell Flor all about her granny. How much she would have loved her. How much fun she was to be around. What a great mother she was to me and my sisters. What a strong woman she was, in her faith and especially when she fought cancer for 5 years. She taught me so much about so much. I hope that I can pass that on to Flor.

3 comments:

gracie :) said...

Thanks for sharing pics of your mom. I'm sorry for the grief you are facing right now...it is such a process, isn't it? May the Lord continue to work healing in your heart over the next couple of weeks.

Amy said...

I pray God's peace over you - I know it must be very difficult! Your mom was so pretty! I love the pics - you look like you had a little attitude ;).

Amy Clemons said...

What a wonderful trbute to your mother. I know you must miss her terribly. Even though I still have my mother here on Earth.... I know what its like to lose her. She was out of my life for about 10 years and now we are picking up the pieces and she's getting to be a grandmother. I am cherishing these moments and trying to forget some of the others. Your momma would be so proud of you. You will let her love shine through you as you mother Flor.