CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 21, 2009

What a busy week!

Flor was so excited yesterday! After she spent the afternoon with aunt Connie (who sent her home with a bag full of goodies!), she got to go play with her "Tete"! She shrilled just at the thought of getting to see Fernanda (aka Tete to all the ol' ADN fam). She has been telling me all week, "Tete es mi amiga." or "Tete es mi hermana." SO SWEET!! They had a great time feeding each other at dinner, then playing with all of Fernanda's toys. (She was so sweet for sharing with Flor). Rosa tagged along as well. Flor said that she was her baby and wanted me to take her home with us! She talked to me all the way home about how crazy Fernanda dances. It amazes me to see these two girls together again, playing just like no time has passed since they lived together in Guate!

This morning was our first time to go to church since we've been home. Flor was all about it this morning, but then a little clingy when it was actually time to drop her in her class. I assured her that after her class and my class were finished that I would be back to get her and she shook her head in affirmation, so I headed to the sanctuary. Well, she made it through worship, then I saw her name flash across the screen. (I didn't even have to check the number, there could only be one Flor, right?) As I passed through the doors, I just followed her crying until I found her snuggled up with one of the children's pastors. He was so sweet telling him that they loved her very much and that we would just try again. Maybe a little each week until she gets used to her class. So, she came into the sanctuary with me, and was really great the entire service. I even noticed her mocking pastor Rusty at one point. Every hand motion he did, she would do. It was quite comical to me.


This week has been good, and a learning experience for us both. "We're" learning boundaries and how no means "no". But she's also feeling more and more secure every day. She stills asks me, or more like makes the statement that I am her mama, several times a day. Also, almost every time we go anywhere she asks me if I'm going with her, if we're going together, then again that I'm her mama. But I can see that she is getting more and more comfortable if I get up, she's not asking EVERY time where I'm going? Where is that? I don't see it.... etc.

That's not to say that I'm not learning and adjusting everyday too. :) I really appreciate your prayers for both of us!

4 comments:

Kelsey Lantz said...

oh my goodness it is soo wonderful to see her and fern together! so cute! hope you are just having a blast

Gail said...

That is so neat that Flor has a friend she can still see and share with. She looks absolutely adorable in her church clothes.
Gail

Amy Clemons said...

Love the pics of her and Fern. Thanks for updating. I have been wondering how things have been with you lately. I'm so happy for you both.

Amy said...

I am so glad that she has some little friends here - that will make her transition easier. Wow - I am surprised she went into Little Praisers so soon - what a big girl. I am keeping little man with me in the service for a few months. I guess I will be sitting WAY in the back just in case he does not cooperate ;). I pray that the transition continues to go smoothly! I still can't believe she is home!!!