CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Home at last


What a sweet valentine! Yesterday we played all day, exploring all the new toys in her new room in her new house. My sweet friends "broke" into my apartment and decorated with streamers and balloons to welcome Flor! I have to keep assuring her that this is our house, that I'm staying here too, that I'm not leaving. She sticks pretty close by... right now she is squished up beside me so much I can hardly type with my left hand.




I just had to post this picture from today. She came over and asked me to tie her baby onto her back, just like she's seen the nannies do every day her entire life. She played the rest of the day like this. Everything else she did, she had that baby right there on her back. It was the sweetest thing!!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Aww - I am sure it is a big adjustment for her. I can't imagine! I pray she continues to enjoy every day in her new environment with her mom!

Amy Clemons said...

She'll be your shadow from now on. Hope the adjustment goes smoothly for you both. She is precious with her baby on her back.

gracie :) said...

Oh my goodness! How sweet is that?! May the next few weeks be filled with sweetness and security for your dear girl.

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

ADORABLE!!!! She is just so precious....are you just smiling non-stop?!

Unknown said...

Oh Amanda that is PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! She is just too adorable. I can't wait to see her again!!! Give her a kiss for me :)

Anonymous said...

That is so precious! What a great way to spend your Valentine's Day! I'm so happy for you~

Stacie said...

WELCOME HOME SWEET FLOR!

How sweet is that picture? She is such a sweetheart! Hope everything is going well!

Buffi Young said...

HOW WONDERFUL!!! I bet she has to "pinch" herself to really believe she is here...with YOU!!!! God is SO good and so faithful!!! what a blessing it has been to follow your journey to bring home Flor!! I can't wait to meet her one day!!! Have a GREAT week! By the way...what are you doing with her during the day? Is she going to childcare? How is that working out?!?!

Better go! Blessings,
Buffi

~Laura~ said...

oh how sweet!! She's adorable!