CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

... in the details

It's so exciting to see how God is working all around me.




My daddy went to church with me on Monday night to Planet Rock at The Rock in Huntsville. He wanted to see what all of the fuss was about. I've been going there since January and have missed less than 3 nights since, and most of those were when I was in Guatemala. It has been amazing to me to see how it has all played apart in where God is leading me in my life.



I have to tell this story:



About a month and a half before I decided to work at The Shadow of His Wings, every Monday night at The Rock, by different speakers, for 5 weeks in a row, the statement was uttered, "What are you waiting for?" It rang out to me like an alarm, I couldn't ignore it. Instantly I made the connection that I was just 'waiting' for what God had for me, but He was telling me that I had to go get it! I had to do something!



After about the 5th week, I decided that I would write Mrs. Simpson, who I had spoken with before, and I would just ask her if they needed help there and if they would be interested in me working with them. A week went by and I hand't written her and it was time for church again. I couldn't go back without having done what He had told me the week before. (I should'd already done it!!) So, I sat down and wrote her a quick note, telling her my desires to work with the children of Guatemala. I went to church and not more than 3 hours later, I had a response from her! God answers fast!! :)



So, it was settled and has gone fast from there. The funny thing is that the next week at Planet Rock, we were helping shoot a commercial for the Huntsville Master's Commission, that they are starting at The Rock, and we all (about 50 of us) gathered on the stage and they wanted us to shout at the camera... "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!! Can you believe that?!? All I could do was laugh.

0 comments: