CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 7, 2004

as they say... 1 sleep left!!

...until I'm in Guatemala that is!!




Well, today was a busy, but very productive day. I got a lot of last minute things done. I believe all loss ends are now officially tied.



I have had so many emotions running through my heart today. Especially today. Just knowing all the things I had to get done today was only the beginning.. in the back of my mind, I knew I had to start saying my good-byes tonight too. My two older nephews came over for awhile, so I could see them before I left. They won't come tomorrow to the airport; it's just too hard on them. I don't want them to cry. They made me the sweetest cards and drew me pictures to take with me and their hand prints and a photo of me with each of them from Tanner's Pizza Hut birthday party. (thank you, Stephanie) It was so hard not to cry before they left. But I got extra hugs, kisses, and "I love you"s to last me for awhile. Then one of my best friends in the world came over. She helped me finish packing; then it was good-bye for us too. I will say good-bye to the two younger nephews early tomorrow morning. They are so young, they won't understand.



I'm not sad about going, at all.. it's the 'leaving' that sometimes makes me sad. There is a difference. But I know the cause for which I go. God has been preparing my heart for this for many years now. I have known since I was about 7 years old that I would be doing something like this.. sure, I forgot for awhile, but the children of Guatemala brought back the desire of my heart.



I am anxious to get started doing His work. I want to learn what I will be doing daily; I want to meet the girls; I want to experience the church they attend; I want the unknown to be known... but don't we all? I guess that's what faith is really. Not knowing fully the call of which we chase so persistantly, but knowing the reason of our desire to grasp onto it so tightly. hmm. Yeah.



He is my strong tower and my refuge. In Him, I find my strength.

0 comments: