CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 10, 2004

I made it!

Well, here I am sitting in the Texaco near the home, checking my e-mail. (The interns' computer's e-mail is not working right now, but they hope to have it fixed next week... *crosses fingers*) So, Jill (another intern from Texas) and I walked down to the Texaco on some free time to check e-mail.




My trip Wednesday went very well. I could not have asked for a better flight. It was all very relaxing. The leaving was hard, when I actually had to cay good-bye to my family, but we all knew what we had to do. I miss them so much. I rested yesterday and then started unpacking, settling in, getting to know the place a little and some of my responsibilities. I also met a lot of the staff. Elena is the cook. She is awesome and I love working with her already. Rosealda helps her and does a lot of the cleaning. Rebeca is the secretary. Melvin and Zaidy are the live-in Guatemalan house parents. Carroll is a missionary that lives here as the 'on site' authority. They are also very nice and easy to get along with.



I didn't meet most of the girls until last night and still this morning. They are so adorable. One of the youngest ones came up to me this morning and said, 'Bienvenidos a la casa del SeƱor' which means, 'Welcome to the Lord's house' Her name is Ana and she is about 7 years old. I ate dinner with the older girls last night. There are 6 older girls that live in a seperate smaller house called La Casa de Jardin (the garden house) and they were excited that I could speak Spanish and was able to talk to them. They asked me every question under the sun!! :) They live in that house with Carroll. The 12 younger girls live in the big house (Casa Grande) with Melvin and Zaidy.



So far I have really enjoyed my time here. I know it's only been two days, but I don't expect any less.



Thank you all for your prayers. They are strongly felt.

0 comments: