CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Verbo Sur

Today I went to church, Verbo Sur, with the girls for the first time. It was a great service. It reminded me a lot of the Rock in the way that they worship and praise God. It was really cool to watch that some of the girls dance in the front of the santuary. It was such a beautiful expression of praise. I think I will really enjoy being apart of that church.




After church, Jill and I fixed lunch with Carroll's help. Then we had the tienda, which is a really neat idea, I think. During the week, the girls get points for various chores and jobs around the house. Every Sunday, they have la tienda that we set up in the play area. There they can buy candy, hair accessories, toys, stuffed animals, etc. It's a really creative incentive to be good during the week.



This afternoon the girls were going to take a quick dip in the pool (with about 6 inches of water in it.. they didn't care though) and then watch a movie. So, Carroll sent Jil and I out to check e-mail and just take a break. Which is nice. We may stop and get ice cream on the way back at Pop's.



Tomorrow will be my first whole day by myself. The house parents, Zaidy and Melvin are gone until Tuesday, so tomorrow, after breakfast, I will be watching Caty, who is the only girl that doesn't study because of mental problems. Then I will be in charge of getting the girls' showers and getting them to bed. I will also get them up Tuesday morning.. I guess... I'm not really sure. So anyway, please just pray for me tomorrow. I'm a little nervous.

0 comments: