CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 17, 2004

Back to work!

Wednesday and yesterday I had two wonderful days off.




Wednesday was Guatemala's Independence Day. The city was crazy. Everyone was celebrating in different ways. Guatemalans use any excuse to miss work and celebrate. It was fun. And the food was great!



Tuesday, as part of the celebrating the girls ran around our neighborhood with a torch and Guatemala's flag, and their school banner. It was raining, but it was so fun. Carroll, Rebeca and I rode in the car behind them and honked the horn... continuously. So fun! The girls stopped on EVERY street corner and prayed over that street. That was really special to me. They also sang songs as they ran and did a few human pyramids.



Wednedsay they had tipica foods and a ceremony at school. They told about all the different departments (states) of Guatemala. And they went swimming in the morning too.



Tonight is movie night, so I will make all of them popcorn. This is a weekly thing that the girls really look forward to.



For me, everything is going well. I am getting the hang of cooking breakfast for 20ish people. I was worried about the pancakes last Tuesday, but they turned out ok. And there were enough for everyone, which is what I was worried about. Like when the water in the pitcher didn't run out in the Bible... that's how I felt like my pancakes were. I really thought I would run out. God is good.

0 comments: