CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Rotten potato!!

Today was pancake day and I think I'm getting the hang of it. I'll be able to open up my own IHOP if I ever come home. :) After work, we had a staff meeting in the office. But first, Rebeka, the secretary, hada game for us to play. She lined up 7 chairs and had each of us sit in one. Then she named us each a day of the week. I was domingo (Sunday). Then she would point to a chair and name a day of the week. That person had to go sit in that chair and everyone else fall in to place accordingly. It was so funny! We had to practice a few times because Mama Elena didn't get it. heh. Then the last one to sit would be called 'rotten potato'. The funniest part was watching mama Elena. She was so confused! It was hilarious!! Rebeka called for 'jueves' to sit in one chair, well, mama Elena ended up in that chair and she wasn't even 'jueves', she was 'martes'!! So, Zaidy, who was 'jueves', was yelling, 'PERO YO SOY JUEVES!!!' (I am Thursday!) I was crying I was laughing so hard. The meeting was good. They just gave us some information to be praying about, and then we had a small devotion. We were each given 7 points that we were to pray over one other staff member. It was a really good time. Carroll spoke from Colosians, where it says that His strength in us will overflow in us and become our joy. It was really precious. When we don't feel like we can do whatever task is before us or when we don't want to do it.. we have to remember Who it is we are working for. He is our strength. Isn't that comforting? To know that I don't have to do it by myself? It is to me.




Tomorrow begins my 'weekend' or my two days off. It's crazy that I get 2, but it's good and helps that staff not to get burnt out. I'm not sure what I'll be doing yet. But I'm sure it'll be fun. I'm not too picky.



I was invited to my nephews skating birthday party in a few weeks. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it... it's in Alabama... but if any of you go.. I better get pictures!!! I want a picture of Daddy skating... hehhehe!!! :) Just kidding, Daddy.



0 comments: