CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 7, 2004

A great day!

For some reason, today has been a great day. Well, for many reasons, I suppose. The sun was shining. I made french toast for breakfast. We had tostadas for lunch... frijol (beans), guacamole, and salsa!! mmmm... my favorite!! Then for dinner, burritos and atòl!!! YUMMY!!! OK. So, that's not why it was a good day, but that was good too.




I started reading a book that Jami gave me called, The Heavenly Man. I couldn't put it down. And you have to understand, I'm not a reader by nature. I wish I was, but I have to make myself like it. I pretend I like it, but I don't. But this book was is unbelievable, except it IS believable!!



Then after work, I exercised a little. There is a treadmill downstairs. Then after my shower, I called Tono, from San Lucas, and talked to him about going to church tomorrow night. It worked out good because Eliud, his brother, will be here in San Cristobal in the afternoon anyway and I can just go when he goes back. I get to go Sunday too.. did I mention that already?



But the best news was that God was awesome once again!! I have been desperately searching for my friend, Zarhim, ever since I got here. She didn't have the same phone number, didn't work in the same restaurant, and I didn't know where she lived. I was just going to go to Antigua on Saturday and walk around hoping I would find her. Well, when I spoke with Tono, he says, 'Hey. Do you rememeber Zarhim?' 'Yes.', I said. 'Well, I saw her yesterday here in San Lucas.' !!! So, I explained to him my attempts to find her and then he said, 'Well, I have her work number here, do you want it?' How amazing is that! How can it be anything but God that Tono saw Zarhim and got her number that day before I talked to him?? I was so excited that I was jumping up and down and wanted to scream, but I didn't. Ok. I did, but just a little scream. No one heard me. So we are planning on getting together this weekend sometime. I am so excited.



This girl, for those of you who don't know the story, lived beneath Marisa and I last year when we studied Spanish in Antigua. We meet her one night, when she came up to our apartment crying. We didn't know her and she didn't speak any English. She was having problems and just needed someone to talk to. We ended up getting to share Christ with her, between our broken Spanish, translating between her and Marisa, she accepted Christ. Now talk about God breaking barriers!! She was 16 years old and had been on her own for over a year. Now she's 18, and still working. So anyways, we ended up being there for her, spending time with her, and just being her friends. She is very special to Marisa and I. She is like a little sister. I can't wait to see her!!



And now I just got off the phone with my daddy.



Buenas noches!!

0 comments: