CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

A different week

This week truly has been different.




I had the best time off this weekend. I spent it in Antigua. I got to go to church in San Lucas on Friday night. That was the first time I had seen anyone from there since I've been here. It was such a blessing and a refreshing experience for me. I had so much fun. Tono took me to Antigua afterwards. It was a nice break.


Sunday was the best day! I got to go to church in San Lucas and see Merari and his wife, Lucky. It was such a blessing and I felt so honored to be able to be there again.



We had a typical Guatemalan lunch afterwards and then they took me to Casa Aleluya. I had a wonderful visit there. I had to get Duke to go wake Bro. David up from a nap. haha. It was good to see him again. I saw everyone I had wanted to see.



Also, I found out that the boy that my family sponsors, Jon Henry, had just gotten to go home for the first time, since living at Casa, to visit. This was the first time he had seen his mother in 8 years!! Can you imagine? He was grining from ear to ear.


I found out some bad news yesterday that a young man from Casa Aleluya passed away Sunday night in his sleep. He was only 19 years old. It is horribly sad and I don't even have the words to say, only that I know he is in a better place now and that we will see him again some day. Praise God!

Byron de Leon passed away, Sunday, October 10th 2004




Today we took the girls to the movie theater to see Vacas Vaqueras (Cowboy Cows??) For many of them, almost all of them, it was there first time in the theater. It was a heart-warming experience for me to be able to witness such wonder in their eyes. It was amazing! Not only the movie, but even riding the escalator and the elevator were fun experiences for them. It was hilarious watching them try to get on the escalator!! I cried laughing so hard!! Andrea put one foot on and not the other and almost fell!! Astrid was scared of it altogether! It was great!



We called my nephew, Brennan, on the way home and the girls sang 'Feliz CumpleaƱos' to him. He loved it!! He turns 7 today. Happy Birthday, Brennan!! I love you!!



Also, today we found out that Barbara can get her visa to go to the States. They are going to Disneyworld on the 25th. What we didn't know was that she is going to be spending time with the family that will be adopting her! She just found out today and is SOOO excited. It is bittersweet because we will hate to see her go. But it is such a great thing for her. And she will get the medical treatment she needs. (she is the one that needs a kidney transplant) She showed me pictures tonight of her 'mami' and 'brothers' and even the dogs and the house. It's so cool! Today was a good day.



And Guatemala is playing tonight against Honduras... we're winning so far... 1-0!!!



0 comments: