CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Happy birthday to me!!

Last week was crazy.




Friday night I stayed in the hospital with Barbara. That was a new experience for me. That hospital was in the worst condition I'd ever seen any place of medicine. I felt sorry for the children that had to be there, but at the same time thankful that they had a place that they could get the medical treatment they need.



The night was spent doing dialisis and playing Monopoly. I went with another mom to a restaurant on the corner outside and bought Barbara some 'papas fritas' without salt. I ate her leftovers. Also, Barbara and I went upstairs to see the babies. That was so sad. I don't know why most of them were there, but just the fact that they were just about made me cry.



I had to sleep in a plastic lawn chair. It did at least have arm rests. But you should've seen me. I'm sure it was a sight to see. We didn't try to sleep until about 11:30, but I only slept MAYBE three hours all night. I was up every hour for over an hour. I woke up at 3AM and ate some crackers I had brought with me. Then about 4 or 5, I put some chairs together and balled up in the seats. It was the most uncomfortable I've ever been in my life trying to sleep. (and I've slept in some pretty strange places) But it was worth it to me to be there for Barbara.



Saturday we got home about 1PM and I was tired. But Jill invited me to eat lunch with her family. So, of course, I accepted. It was a great time. Her family is awesome... and huge. Her cousins invited us out for the night, so we went bowling and had ice cream and later ordered pizza. I let them know how special it was since Sunday was my birthday and I was going to have to work all day, that was sort of my birthday celebration. They offered to put candles in the cake, but we didn't. :)



Sunday, as soon as I walked out the door, they girls started singing Happy Birthday to me. My dad and Jami called and sang to me. As we were leaving for church, the older girls sang to me. That afternoon, my sister had my nephew Clay's 1st birthday party. So, all of my family was together on my birthday, except for me. But they called me and all sang to me too! I could hear my nephews the loudest. Brennan even sang it again on his own. I got to talk to everybody. It was really great.



That night we got the roller skates out and let the girls try it out. I was in charge of teaching them. HAHA!! (you may not know that I CANNOT roller skate... at all) It was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. It was so fun.



Then Jill and I ordered McDonald's McFlurry's with Butterfinger. That was her treat to me on my birthday. :) And yes, here McDonald's delivers!!



Monday I worked a split shift and rested that night.



Yesterday, Jill's cousin Estefani, Jill, and I went out to eat. Again for my birthday. Jill is so sweet for trying to make it so special for me. She even bought me a picture frame because I had told her I wanted to hang my mom's picture up in the room. She is very thoughtful. We went to the new TGI Friday's restaurant in the city. Then we went to see a movie.



Last night, we were to have Bible study, but they weren't having it for some reason. So, Jill and I went out with a guy from church and I had a banana liquado.



You're so jealous, Haven!! :)



Today I am in Antigua on a day off. I will go to Casa Aleluya tonight and get presents that my family sent by a family friend.



Tomorrow we will all go to Jalapa, where the home will be moving in a year. It will be a fun trip, I think. I am excited to see the place. I plan to take lots of pictures.



I hope you are all having a blessed week.

0 comments: