CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 22, 2004

Monjas, Jalapa

Yesterday we took the girls to Monjas (moan-has) which is in the department of Jalapa (halapa) which is about 2 1/2 hours from where we are now. Next year, the girls will be moving there. We have just recieved twice as much money as was needed to buy the land, which will in turn pay for the wall around the property, the well, sewer, electricity, etc. It is such a blessing from God and He has truly used those in the States that are praying and faithfully supporting this ministry.





We had an awesome time there. When we first got there we had a time of devotion and prayer. JoAnne had recieved a word that was very powerful and spoke directly to where we are headed. She spoke about this not only being a children's home, but also that these girls will be a light in these three departments of Jalapa, Jutiapa, and Santa Rosa. In these three departments there is not one children's home. Who is in control, I ask? :) Afterwards, Joanne had us all walk around the property praying over it. Declaring it for God's glory. We marched around the whole perimeter, with only music and prayer in our ears, minds, and hearts. I used some of that time also to think about whether or not God would have me stay here and go to Monjas also. No answer yet. :/



We had a picnic under the fabulous tree. Some of you know how I love beautiful trees. I have a favorite tree in Alabama; I have a favorite tree near Escuintla (Guatemala), and now I have one in Monjas. My three perfect trees. Another highlight was that I ate my first apple since arriving. I've been craving one and just hadn't bought one. It was so good. :) A picnic under a tree with egg sandwiches and tuna sandwiches, chips, cookies, apples, and a coke. MMMM... Can you believe I eat tuna sandwiches here?!? I used to not like them.



After lunch, some of the girls played soccer, others played frisbee, while I and some of the older girls hung out under the tree, laughing, cutting up and just relaxing. Irma and I made each other floral bouquets out of all of the wild flowers around. We made one for Jill too since she didn't get to come. She stayed home with two sick girls.



Miriam is our oldest. She just finished 'basico' and will begin 'careera' in January. Irma is adorable. All of the time. Itzel is a sweetheart. She always minds and is very patient with Caty.



The way home, we took a different way and it took longer, but was a nicer view, or so I'm told... it was dark most of the way. We got home about 8PM, had a quick dinner of tostadas, took a shower, and went to bed.



Today Jill and I are out buying ice cream for the girls tonight. We are going to make 'blizzards' with M&M's, Butterfinger, and (I hope, if we can find them) Reese's cups. YUM! They will get that instead of popcorn tonight, but it's a surprise, so don't tell them!



0 comments: