CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 6, 2005

bendiciones de Dios

You know how I said last week was the hardest ever... did I say that? Well, it was... very stressful. But on the hardest day of them all... and my last day before my days off... everything was worse. But you know how good God is? Let me tell you.




Sandra comes into my room and wants to play something... she's bored. But of course, I don't feel like playing because I'm in a bad mood. But I give in and we play cards. I teach her a few games and watch her beam as she wins all by herself. Then she says to me, "I wish I could be your sister, so I could have clothes like yours. I've always wanted a big sister. All I had to play with when I was at home were older brothers." So, I said, "You know what, Sandra? I've always wanted a little sister!" She just smiled so big and hugged me. So, I said, "I can be your big sister, if you want." Again she hugged me so hard. So, we continued playing. A little while later, she said, "I was thinking and... I do want you to be my big sister." She just smiled so big. Later on that afternoon, I found a handmade card on my bed along with a hairbrush (used) and a box full of beads and a hankerchief (unused). These were her gifts to me. Isn't that sweet? So, I made her a card and gave her a barrette. She was so excited and said she would start calling me sister today (Thursday). She even saved a new pair of socks for today. It is a huge deal for this little girl. And God used her to bless me so much, I hope He can use me in the same way for her.



I had wonderful days off in Antigua. It was very relaxing. I think I'll do it again next week.



Well, I have to do dialisis now. Good night.

0 comments: