CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 23, 2005

humility. great, isn't it?

Tonight was a great night. Jeanette and Claudia did a skit with the girls upstairs, while I helped Miriam make a 'cornflakes' cereal box out of the gift box my sister, Stephanie, sent my Christmas present in. She has had to make some of the wierdest things since she started school. The first night she was making a box into a frog to keep things in at school. The cornflakes box was for papers. Who knows? They are creative though. I give them that.




We helped the girls iron their blouses for school. Sindy shined my shoes and I ironed her uniform. Good trade, eh?



Celeste and Bàrbara were arguing on whose turn it was to iron and I interupted to calm things down. Celeste has this voice that she uses that is the whiniest thing you have ever heard. She's not the only one, but today I had heard this same voice from her six different times. So, I told her not to talk to me in that voice anymore. I didn't like to hear any of the girls talk to me or anyone else like that, and that she had done it a lot today. Well, I saw right away that I hurt her feelings. I tried to apologize, but she wouldn't listen. Then she hid her face and started to cry. Understand that this is the biggest tomboy in the house. She doesn't cry for just anything. I've never even seen her cry. I immedietely felt horrible. Still trying to apologize, as she fought to get away. I asked her forgiveness, with no response. I decided it was best to let her calm down a little first. Then she went to her bed, threw her uniform on the floor and cried. I couldn't hold it in anymore, so I ran to the bathroom and cried too. I couldn't stand that fact that I had hurt her feelings like that. It hurt me. A while later, I saw she wasn't in her bed, so I took her uniform and ironed it for her. She sent her sister in a minute later to tell me thank you and that she forgave me. Why can't we all be as merciful as these little ones?



Meanwhile, Jeanette did lice treatments to most of the girls. Then we blow dired their hair and put them to bed. They were all sad because Jeanette couldn't stay the night, so it was hard, especially for the little ones.



I am thankful to God and to these girls for a great weekend. I even bragged to them about how good they were this weekend.



Well, I'm off to bed. I've got two long days of rest ahead of me... haha!



0 comments: