CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 23, 2005

fading stars

You ever noticed how the harder you look at the stars, the more seem to appear? I was just looking up at this beautiful Guatemalan sky and the thought popped in my head... (heh. I just almost wrote 'pooped'... heh.) But think about it: how can we see God in the little things in our lives? We have to look for Him, right? I mean, most of the time He goes un-noticed in our every day lives. We talk to Him on Sundays or at bedtime or first thing in the morning, but do we notice that He is with us as we drive to work? Or while we eat dinner? Or as we tuck in our children? (I say that like I already have children, right? But these girls have become that for me... I guess I should say little sisters, more appropriate?) Sometimes we don't even see the stars. But they are always there. Unlike the sun and moon, there are always stars in the sky. We just can't see them because there is too little or too much light shining on them. (my theory, I guess) Even in the daytime. But at night time, or in our darkest hour, is when we see them the most. hm. We don't have to look so hard. Even when it's cloudy, when God seems to have disappered, there are still stars in the sky. He is always there. What good are stars really? Do they serve a purpose that we know of? To me, they are just pretty to look at, wouldn't you agree? That is how God's blessings are. If He didn't give them to us, would we miss them? Can you miss something that you've never had or never known? I don't know that if we had never seen stars in our lives, if they didn't exist, that we would miss them at all. But He is so good to give us little things that please us. He loves to make us happy. You know another thing about stars? They are constant. They never change position. (as far as I know, but for my story we'll just say they don't, mmmk?) That also says something about our God. That He is a constant in our life. He never changes. His law nor His love will ever change. Only we have the power to ignore it. But what beauty would a night hold without stars?




0 comments: