CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 23, 2005

time is flying

These girls are so great! I had to work alone yesterday all day, but these girls behaved beyond good all day. It was like they somehow knew, and took it easy on me. Don't get me wrong, they're not usually wild or something, but it was a very relaxing day. Thank you God!




Londy was supposed to come help out this weekend, but came down with the flu, poor thing. But today, after church, Jeanette and a friend of hers, Claudia, came by and are staying the night to help me out. :) They will never know how much I appreciate it. Just to have another presence here makes a world of difference. And they are awesome with the girls. Later this afternoon they have planned a devotion and games for the girls. It should be a fun time.



Last night, five of my girls created a drama and performed it for me. It was about 'a beautiful girl who ruined her life'. It was very good and had a good lesson of obedience, which the girls then asked me about and said that they should always obey me, just like we all should ALWAYS obey God. It was very good. They even borrowed my flashlight to create a 'discoteca', where the girl in the skit went out of disobedience. Then they choreographed a praise dance to a song by Lilly Goodman called, 'La Iglesia', which basically speaks about losing our first love, which is Christ. In the song, it is Christ saying to us, 'Return to me! Return to me!' It is very powerful. I was very blessed by it.



Tìa Elena is on vacation this week, so Melva, la abuela, will be cooking with Rosalba's help. Jim and Melva came to help out while Gib and Joanne are in Monjas. They are an older couple that are living in their house. He works in the office a lot and she does sewing, and helping whenever needed.



The first week of February, Melvin and Zaidy will be off for three weeks leaving me encargada de la casa grande. (in charge of the big house) The girls are in school, so I will get them up, and be with them in the afternoon and night. Rebeca will help on my days off. Londy and Jeanette and Jennifer will be coming to help out some on weekends too, which will be so good for me.



The week seems to fly by now. Here it is almost my day off again. I only have about a month left here. My last day will be the 20th, after my friend Marisa comes to help out a few days. Afterwards, we will go visit friends we've made here and spend time with them. I also want to take Marisa to Panajachèl and to the beach, but we'll see how it works out.



They have pretty much offered me any job I wanted, if I would come back here. They want God's will for me as much as I do, but they really want me to stay. Carroll has said I could teach English, translate for groups, be in charge of the missionary interns, or work more in the office, etc. She asked me what would be my desire. So, I will be praying for that, if you would join me in that please. I would appreciate it.

0 comments: