CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 21, 2005

Yasmin

OH! I can't believe I haven't updated about this yet!! I guess I haven't really updated that much since I've been home. But this is BIG!!




That last Sunday I was in Antigua, I was invited to lead worship for a small group of believers that meet in the Spanish school, where I have studied over the past few years. Daddy and Jami studied there as well. The church is led by the director of the school, who is also a pastor, obviously. It is a small group, but are growing because they are faithful with the little. They invited us for lunch and went all out for us. We had their 5 star treatment. Delicious Guatemalan enchiladas and chile rellenos. They are the sweetest people I have ever met. Really.



The crowd was small at first, but right about the third song, I look back and there are more people arriving at the back with Pastor Hugo. I take a second look, and to my surprise, I see a familiar face. I was almost stopped in my tracks. I couldn't breathe. I immediately started crying and almost couldn't go on. After I finished the song I almost couldn't finish, I had to explain.



I had to apologize, but I didn't expect to see such a lovely, familiar face there, one that I haven't seen in such a long time. I used to take care of Yasmin at Casa Aleluya more than three years ago. She was, and I'm not exaggerating, my favorite, favorite little girl ever. I have pictures of her from age 6 months. A few years ago, her mom came and took her and her brother back home to live with her. I was so sad, but happy for her because her mother did love her so much. She was the only mother that cried every time there was visitation. They were there because of poverty, so there was no abuse involved. Her mother just couldn't stand to live without them anymore. But I thought I would never see her again. I had only heard a few things about her from Shyrel, but never even dreamed about seeing her. I sadly never even thought to pray and ask to get to see her. But here she was. Her family are members at Pastor Hugo's church. They are there every Sunday!! So, not only did I see her this once, I know where to find her every Sunday! I even know where she lives, well, I know that she lives in Chimaltenengo, but I could find her if I needed to. So, that was a precious gift that I didn't expect to receive, but was almost more than I could handle. I couldn't grasp the concept of the fact that God had brought me and this little girl that I love so much back together again. It was a miracle. Amazing.

0 comments: