CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 7, 2005

full, not on food

Oh man, tonight I went to The Rock's Saturday night service instead of Soul Stock, which is a free Christian concert event that takes place all day at Athens State University. (just for those of you not from here) But I'm so glad I went. I was disappointed at first when I realized that Pastor Rusty wasn't there, but an associate pastor Bill Davis spoke instead and man, oh man, was it like hitting the nail on the head with a sledge hammer.




I recieved a word in my spirit, a command, of sorts: Be faithful in the little, humble and pleasing in the sight of the Lord.



I have been so blessed, beyond my imagination. God has provided all of my needs and much more before I get ready to go back to Guatemala. But it hit me tonight. Ok. Stay with me on this because I may wonder around a bit before heading back home: You all, anyone who has prayed with me, for me, everyone who has been so generous to donate financially, and all who have given encouraging words; YOU have all already been faithful to God, according to what He has spoken to you about me. (you know who you are) I can't speak for all the things He's asked of you, but as for me, you are being faithful in remembering me. That alone is beyond comprehension. But now it is my turn in this cycle. (I'm just speaking now of my little world, not the big picture, you understand. I am only one piece to a puzzle, and we don't even have the lid of the box to go by, we just go by faith, knowing that the end result will be Eternity. ) I must now run with all that has given to me and bring Glory to God's kingdom. You see, if I don't, then I am just another proud human trying to accuire all of the fame and fortune I think I deserve.



As I sat in the service tonight, I thought, only two people maybe out of all that were there even knew my name, let alone know that I am leaving in less than a week (I can say less than a week now because today is almost over) to go back to Guatemala. It was very humbling and at the same time it was glorious, but only humbling to me... Glorious to God. How priviledged am I that He has chosen me to do this work of His that I love so much?!? Sometimes I think about it too much and I begin to think that I'm crazy or something for assuming I can just go to Guatemala, all by myself, and work in this girls' home. "Who am I?", I ask. Well, a better question is, "Who are we, that the God of the Universe, Who created the world, sent His Son to die for the sins that we have committed, and will continue to make as long as we live- like driving the nails through His hands ourselves, all over again..??



"To whom much is given, much is required."



I begin my journey now to try and become worthy of the honor that was so graciously given to me.





Has God put a calling in your heart? Did you know that He will not only call you to His Will, but He will give you the desire to do it? He's so cool like that.



0 comments: