CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 12, 2005

tribute to an old friend

Dear Sanuk flip flops,




Well, our time seemed so short. I wore you everyday the entire 3 years I owned you. You were worth more than the $25 I payed for you, which seemed to be such a splurge at the time. But you earned your keep. I'm sorry that you had that piece of glass stuck in you for an entire year last year. I don't know why I just didn't stop and pull it out. I'm sorry that I tried to move the rug last night with you on my foot, eventually leading to your "death". I promise I will not throw you away until I try everything in my power to try and glue or sew that little piece of cloth that goes between my toes back together. Even then, if it doesn't work it will be hard for us to separate. Who would have thought that the same day I fell UP the concrete stairs and the day I hit my head on the door frame, would be the same say my feet lose their faithful companion. I was even in denial as I drug my foot around trying not to let you fall off as I walked around the apartment. I even tried to laugh it off as all of the girls laughed at me until they cried. But none of that could bring you back. So, thank you for always standing between me and the rock that wanted to hurt my foot, and the hot concrete or hot sand. My feet will forever be inprinted into "sole". Good bye.





... deliriousness creates many a crazy things!!

0 comments: