CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

homesick and home bound, don't worry, not like you think

Last night, I went to bed with the feeling of homelessness and I have woken up feeling much the sme. I can't really explain the feeling, nor the reason behind it. I never got without a bed to sleep in and a roof over my head, never have. Those who know me well, know that I'm somewhat of a homebody. Not that I like to stay at home all of the time, but I like my home. I like sleeping in my own bed and relaxing at night amongst my own familiar surroundings. As you may know, I am renting from the directors of the home. It has been such a blessing too. I can't say that it feels like home though. Especially when Gib and Joanne come back from Monjas, which is every two weeks or so, for a few days. I love them to death. It's nothing like that. I just feel like a guest in their home. Also, soon there will be another intern coming and since the intern room is full here at the home, she will be living there. In August, another lady comes for a year and will live there. I'm not mentioning them to complain, I'm just stating the facts.




Every weekend, I am staying at the girls' home for two nights to be with the girls downstairs as their house mother takes her days off.



This week, I am staying at Steve and Shyrel Osborn's, while they are working with a group in Chichicastenango, near Xela. Which I am thoroughly enjoying. That's another story. I'll write about later when I have a picture to go along with it. I do love it.



In the States, I stay with my sister, in the house I lived in with our mom. It's different without her there.



I have all these places to stay, but my heart doesn't feel at home. It's not the being away from family. It's not because I'm in Guatemala. I believe that God is teaching me, or preparing me for something. I'm not writing this for anyone to worry. I'm just writing my thoughts. It's just one of those days. I'm just not used to the feeling. But I do think that there is a reason. Actually, it's the people that surround me that make me feel at home. I've always loved surrounding myself with the people I love. I know, that sounds crazy because now I have gone so far away from them. But you get my point.



Will I ever come home to the same house every night? Maybe not.



It's really been that way for the past year with church too. The only consistent meeting I've been going to for the past year and a half is Planet Rock, at The Rock of Huntsville, on Monday nights. When I can I go there on Sundays too. I've been in Elkmont, Faith- only a few times, Bethlehem, Freedom, Harmony, Cairo, some of those only once, but the people have just grown on me. Here in Guatemala, Iglesia Galilea in San Lucas is the one I would go to every week, if I could, but it hasn't been possible yet. I go with the girls to their church mainly. I also have a church family I love in Antigua, at the language school. So, you could say I don't have one church home either.



What does God show me through all of this? That is the question to answer today.



My home is not this Earth. I am not home yet. Like that song by MercyMe, "I've never been more homesick than now." Homesick for Heaven. We will get there one day. All of us. Turning my heart from earthly things is not bad, it just hurts a little. And aren't we all, as Christians, the body of Christ. We are all members of the same "church", in Christ.





Well, like I said, nothing to worry about.... just thinking...

0 comments: