CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

another day.

Carroll left today for the States for three weeks. So that leaves Joanne and I in the office with Elizabeth helping some as well. With Rebeca in the States also, it can get crazy.




This morning I took Miriam to the school where she does her practical work. (She is studying to be a teacher) I had only been to this school once before and I wasn't driving. I tried to pay attention to how to get there, knowing I would be going someday, but that was weeks ago and I couldn't remember exactly. I even dreamed about it last night, all night. A very stressful dream. But it seems that God wouldn't allow us to get lost. It was pretty neat how it worked out. We thought we had passed the turn off, so I was trying to turn around somewhere, which just isn't as easy as it sounds here in the city. You may have to travel a mile or more before you come to a place to turn around and go the other direction. Plus, not being familiar with this part of the city as much, I wanted to be extra careful, especially with Miriam. So, I turned down some road to try and turn around and Miriam shouts, "THIS IS IT!!". We were never lost after all! Isn't that amazing?!?



The next question was how to get home from there. I remembered vaguely the way, so I ventured out. I hit the Aguilar Batres, one of the main roads, but was heading the wrong direction. I knew where I had to go, just not how to get there. I even passed the turn off, but there was no way to get over there. I had to go all the way down to Roosevelt, which is like, THE main road into the city and by that time I just decided to go the way I knew best, to Periferico to San Cristobal. I finally made it home with no problems at all, and was even welcomed by Mary (my house mate) with some fresh made pancakes. MMM!!



Last night, the interns invited me along with them to go out with Alfredo from church. He is such a nice guy and always takes the interns to movies, out to eat, and things like that. We were going to this really cool place called Cuatro Grados Norte, but on Monday nights I guess there isn't much going on. So instead, we went to Los Cebollines, a really great Mexican restaurant in Zone 10. Courtney, Mary, and I were acting something crazy too, in the back seat of the car. Elizabeth rode in the hatch back, and Julie in front becuase she got car sick on the way. It was good times.

0 comments: