CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 23, 2005

girls' night out!

I heard from my dad yesterday. He believes it will be Thursday when he gets to come to Guatemala. Please pray for his safety and that it all works out how we hope.




Last night, Joanne gave me permission to take all of the interns to Antigua for the evening. We left around 3:30pm. First thing after we parked the van, it started pouring rain! We were all dolled up too! Well, sort of. We were in skirts and what-not ;) We ran to the artisian market and the girls shopped for souveniers. I was the only ones that didn't come out of there with at least three bags of stuff.



I talked the girls into wanting to eat at Frida's restaurant under the arch. It has amazing food. I think so anyways. But when we left, it was pouring rain again!! We got so soaked and took refuge under the arch and decided to wait for a taxi. We piled in a taxi and went for our vehicle. We wanted to get dessert and coffee at Café Condesa, and got soaked in completing our desires. But that cheesecake was well worth it. Too bad I don't like any hot drinks though. It was so cold and we were so wet!! Mary even lost her flip-flop in a puddle in the middle of the street. Everyone around was watching us and laughing! It was a great time. I'm glad I could take them before everyone starts to leave, starting next week. They are an amazing group of young women. I'm glad to have been able to know them.



0 comments: