CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 18, 2005

Have you ever seen the rain coming down in a sunny day?

If it wasn't for the promise of the rainbow, you would've thought the world was flooding. It has rained and rained, so much in the past few days. Down pours! I'm sure it's the affect the hurricanes are having on us. I'm not even sure where they all are now, or what their names are, but I can assure you that we know when there's one around. Sunday morning, I dropped the first group of girls off at church and just then Mary called. She said there was 2 to 3 inches of water in our living room! Since I had an hour until I had to take the next group of girls, I went back to help. By the time I got there she had already filled and emptied one bucket, by sweeping water into a plastic bowl and dumping it in, and she had almost filled a second halfway. I grabbed a bowl and a giant squeegee I found, like the things at the gas stations to clean car windows, rolled my pants up, kicked off my shoes and jumped in. All together we filled about four buckets and then Courtney and Elizabeth came over with a wet/dry vacuum and got the majority of the rest. We dried the floor as much as we could with towels, and left for church. By last night it was dry. Gib says that the towel which is shoved under the door that leads to the roof must have been loose and it came from there. It was quite an adventure and one great way to start the day. We were all laughing about it as we worked. Especially when I almost fell twice and so did Elizabeth. I wish I would've thought to take a picture.




I need to take more pictures.



I talked to Jami last night and found out that Daddy is safely in Honduras as of last night. They had to wait out the storms, I think.



I ran this morning again. It has been about twice a week for three weeks so far. I'm also finally reading Courtney's book, The Count of Monte Cristo. I love it! I am so addicted! I can't put it down. I'm not much of a leisurely reader, but I have read more than a fourth in two days. I'm sure I'll finish it this week, and on time too because Courtney leaves on the 2nd.

0 comments: