CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Wendy Johana Ortega

I'm trying to wait here patiently for a phone call from the courts. They called to see if we would take back Wendy, a girl who lived here when I was here last year. She left through the court and they gave custody to her aunt in Escuintla. Well, Wendy called to wish Rebeca a happy birthday a few weeks back and told her that she was living with her mother and stepfather again. (he was the reason she was with us in the first place) So, they investigated and found that to be true and are, as I type, going to take her out of her school and bring her here.




I am so excited to see her again. My heart is glad that she will be here again, but saddened because I know that Wendy, and any child, would rather be in their home with their family. I have to trust God in this, but I do believe that she will be better off here. Otherwise, why would He bring her back here? I'm so excited that I've already started putting together stuff for her. I'm just worried about her heart. I know she will be sad, but at least she is coming to a familiar place where people love her.



In other good news, Bárbara's adoption is moving right along. Well, actually she has been adopted and given her new name. We were waiting on her new birth certificate, so we could get her passport and an interview for a visa to the States. Yesterday they called and said there was a bump in the road because there was no proof of her father's death. (which there was a death certificate) So, Joanne went today and it seems that she'll be coming home with all of the papers ready. So, she could be gone next week. Keep praying for her. She is having a hard time. This weekend she complained of pain in her lungs and back. But she went to the doctor day before yesterday and she said nothing was wrong except for stress, so she gave her a muscle relaxer, I think, but it made her sleep all afternoon.



No word about when my dad's coming yet, but I'm hoping that he still is coming. I hope in it.

0 comments: