CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Family's trip to Guatemala

Well, I realize I haven't written since my family got here, so I have a lot to update!! It was a long week, but it went by so fast... if that makes sense! We packed so much into 10 days and it all seems to run together, so bear with me!

Having Daddy and Jami here was great! I loved having the company!! We visited Casa Aleluya, Amor de Niño, Rehoboth home for boys, Al & Gail Anderson in Tecuaco and see the work they are doing in La Joya Grande. We snuck off for about a day to the beach at Las Lisas (I got burnt). We took Mike and Carol sovenier shopping in Antigua. It seems like we ate out a lot!! (but it was ALL GOOD!) We helped finish up the painting at Amor del Niño's new house. Daddy and Mike did some much needed repairs in my house and car!! (WOOHOO!) They got to visit my church with me! And we made about a million trips to the airport... haha! That's the gest of it anyway!

It was Carol's first time in Guatemala, so we tried to show her a GOOD TIME... (HAA! I had to throw that in there, Carol!) I think she feel in love with this country... just like we all do!

One cool thing to see, was on the first of many trips to the airport (long story) we saw the volcano Fuego (fire) erupting. It was about 4:30 AM and still dark outside, so it showed up really great! Of course, as usual, pictures do no justice at all. It has been erupting for about a week now, since the big eruption before Daddy came. But to see it flowing was something that is just indescribable. It was really something.

Another thing was that I was so worried about running out of water while I had visitors. I had anywhere from 3 to 7 people staying in my house at one time... and can you believe that I never once ran out of water?!? I even believe that I had extra water. It just never ran dry!! To me it was a miracle!

0 comments: