CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Prayer request

I sent out an email yesterday asking for prayer for Flor and Estuardo, who I was taking to get cleft pallet surgery today. I just now realized that I got several of them back, so sorry if you're just now hearing about this.

We left about 6:30 this morning and got there about 7:30.. right on time! We went right in and saw one of the American doctors volunteering this week and she took us right in. Turns out the surgeon was a little under the weather, so they were cutting back on his operations. We waiting around about an hour to see him. After he looked at Flor and Estuardo, he decided to go ahead and operate on Estuardo. His pallet is very deep, and Flor only lacks the hard pallet surgery. So, it was a matter of importance on how he decided. Now remember, I was there alone with two toddlers, which was fine, until I had to take Estuardo to get him blood drawn. Flor was in the stroller just watching, wide eyed. As Estuardo screamed while they took his blood, he also felt the urge to pee and it leaked out all over my pants!! I just had to laugh about it. What else can you do? The poor baby cried afterwards in the social worker's office too. I felt like I couldn't console him. But as soon as we left there, I took Flor out of the stroller and put him in. He layed down and rested as we walked around. After the doctor told me that he would be the last surgery of the day, they generously bumped him up and got him in by 11!!

So, he is in surgery as I type and Flor is scheduled with another doctor who is coming the end of April. Pray for Estuardo today.

0 comments: