CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Kayla and Barbara

I heard great news from Shadow of His Wings... some of you may not remember Barbara. She was the little girl who we had to do dialysis with 4 times a day for the past 4 years. She was 13 at the time. She'll be 15 in September and has lived in New Jersey with her adopted family now for well over a year, maybe almost 2 years... I can't remember. She has really improved while living with her new family and getting the medical treatment she could have never received here. She started dialysis at nights while she slept and was put on a kidney transplant list almost as soon as she got there. Well... I got an email from Carroll the day before yesterday and BARBARA GOT HER TRANSPLANT!!! She is doing great they say and is producing urine. So, thank God for that!! Please keep her in your prayers as she continues to heal! Also, my friend Cyndi wrote me to tell me that a young girl, Kayla, who lived there while I worked there, but also left toward the end of my time to return to live with her father, is BACK! I'm not sure any details as to why, but I'm thankful just knowing that she is ok. It's always hard when they go home. It's bittersweet really. That's when you just have to hand them over to God. (where they should be in the first place) But Cyndi says that she is so grown up in these few short years! I can't wait to get over there to see her and the rest of the girls!

0 comments: