CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A new direction

So, a few months ago I was waiting to pick my family up at the airport. To pass the time I looked around online and ended up checking my bank account. To my surprise I see what I think has to be a mistake. I immedietely call me sister to tell her to call the bank first thing in the morning because there was an extremely large, odd amount in my account. She said she'd take care of it.
I finally get to pick up Daddy and Jami and mention the mishap on the way home. Daddy just smiled. "Its not a mistake." He's lucky I didn't drive off the road. The next thing said is what kept me awake several nights later.
"Amanda, what have you been praying for?"
I had no clue.

A week later, after Daddy had left, I laid awake at night thinking about Flor. I can't tell you how long I laid there, when it finally hit me like a ton of bricks.

Flor was my daughter and that money was to be used to adopt her.

Needless to say I didn't sleep much that night.

I didn't tell for several weeks, until one day I decided to talk to Shyrel. I was nervous that she wouldn't be for it. I pulled her aside into one of the bed rooms, where Flor just so happened to be getting ready for bed. :) When I told her my thoughts, she said she got chills! She immedietely knew it was meant to be! I hugged Flor extra tight that night and went home to call my family. I have to admit it was completely scary to say it outloud to anyone. Mostly because I had no idea of how to even start the process. But lucky for me, God had been preparing the way for a long time.

0 comments: