CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wednesday night

Here it is Wednesday and I am just getting to update. Who was I to think I could update everyday?!? Anyway, camp is going great! The days are packed with fun in the sun and at night we have movies or games and story time.

I had my art time yesterday. I had the kids make those butterflies I posted awhile back. They turned out really cute! Then I had them paint nature around them. That turned out to be very creative. Some of my favorites just had bright smudges of different colors all over the paper; another had hers all green. They were all beautiful though.

We’ve been swimming everyday too. The first day it rained, so that cut our time short. Shari moved swim time to earlier in the day (before the rain) and yesterday I go sun burnt. My arms and legs hurt pretty badly. I’m keeping them aloe vera’d up though.

Today (Wednesday) we went to Panajachel in the morning. It started out to be a beautiful day! We took a boat ride to another village along the lake. The kids had a blast! It started sprinkling on our way back, but we got to the restaurant just in time. We ate at a 5 star restaurant, but to those kids it was just like any other place. They had grilled cheese sandwiches and fries, plus dessert! They couldn’t have been happier! Until it started pouring right before we left!! Luckily our driver came to pick us up and we headed out. I don’t know how many times I heard, “Are we almost to Chichicastenango?” and I didn’t realize there were so many ways to ask that one question! But we made it back in time for Bible and dinner. Tonight was movie night at the Chichi Theater. They just have a projector and a large white wall basically, but hey, admission was free!! We watched A Night in the Museum. It was pretty funny, but the English subtitles were funnier.

Now I’m about to pass out, so hopefully I’ll be back again soon. Tomorrow is a big day in the market!!

0 comments: