CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 4, 2004

still no news...

Well, I haven't heard anything back from the director of the girls' home. It has been a week. :\




There is another option, that actually would be something I would LOVE to do!! It would be to work with some friends of mine, who worked at Casa Aleluya for 7 years. Steve and Shyrel Osborn. They have now started their own children's home. They don't have any children, as of yet, but it shouldn't be long. They have really good favor with the judges, after dealing with them for so long with Casa Aleluya.



My ideal thing to do would be to work and live with them and be a sort of live-in babysitter, if you will. Steve and Shyrel also work with Buckner Orphan Care International. They are working with the government of Guatemala to help reconstruct and remodel, staff and train properly, etc, at existing homes throughout Guatemala. So, needless to say, they are always on the run, here and there, they have an office building right down the road from their house that they are constantly in and out of. So, to me, it seems that someone who could stay in the house with the kids, so to not have to worry about who will stay, when will so and so be back, etc., would be a nice thing to have.



They are already like family to me. I've worked with them before. They are just awesome people.



So, I'm anxious as to what could happen with that. Maybe I could do both. Work in one place for 3 or 6 months, and then go on to Steve and Shyrel's... who knows? I just want to do what is in God's plans for me.



Maybe I'll know something more this week.

0 comments: