CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

job interview

Well, I was thrilled to hear back from the hospital about the interpreting job. I had an interview Tuesday afternoon, and I really think it went well. Of course, it was unlike any interview I've ever had!! From the time I got there to the time I left (about an hour) we walked and walked and walked... and it was almost entirely in Spanish. He did most of the talking, appologizing every now and then for talking so much! He asked me about myself and I think he really appreciated what I've been doing with my life. Then he would get distracted by a call and go off again, just talking. It was good for me though because he told me all about the job. It sounds amazing!! I even got to go on a few calls with him. He said he works a lot in labor & delivery and with new mothers, but really he works all over the hospital!! There's no telling the things I'll see and experience!!

He said I should hear from him on Monday and to call him if I don't. Because of his busy days (and I saw that first hand!) he gets distracted easily and forgets. So he said not to hesitate to call. So, I really hope I get it!!

In the meantime, I started working back at the restaurant I worked at before I moved to Guatemala. I just hosted this week, but next week I'll be waiting tables again. I'm so excited about it too!! I absolutely love that job!!

I'm waiting on a few details before I send in the paperwork to get started with Flor's adoption. I think that my hesitation has been out of fear. Not fear of how my life will change when I get her... but fear of what if it doesn't happen...

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1

And so... I press on toward the goal and keep my eyes on him and my heart on that little girl and she will be loved and that is the bottom line.

0 comments: