CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Compassion flower

I was thinking about my sweet girl today. I remembered her compassion. That was something I learned about her this trip. As we were walking in Antigua, Flor would stick her little hand out and try and touch people as we passed. Of course, I discouraged her from doing it, but I watched as she watched the people go by. Lines were long outside of every bank because it was the last day of the month. A homeless lady walked up and started speaking incoherantly and Flor reached out to her. As we passed another man lying on the sidewalk, she looked at me with such compassion in her beautiful eyes and motioned for me to look at him. I knew she wanted to ask me why he was there all alone.

I was so impressed by my little girl's heart.

2 comments:

Bill and Melodie said...

I remember the first day we were there and we had been to Pollo Compero. When we got to the house, she was sharing all of her french fries with all the other kids. It was so sweet!

Amy said...

Awww! How precious! We all need to be more like that!

Amy