CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tagged: two for one

I was tagged twice, so I'm just going to compile them into one BIG OL' POST!!




First I was given the "I love your blog" award by FAD (my Favorite Aunt Debbie), who is much much more than my favorite aunt!! I love you the most!!


Then I was tagged to tell seven weird things about myself... this shouldn't be too hard.


1) My little toes don't bend or move (when I tell them to), it's like they have a mind of their own. They've always been that way, as far as I can remember, and I'm not sure why. But they're still kinda cute because they're so little.

2) Sometimes I can only think of certain words in Spanish. Some words are just easier in Spanish, or I became accustomed to certain slang words that really don't translate to English well. I also pronounce words as they would be pronounced in Spanish all the time, for example, when reading a menu once I decided I wanted "Ho-Ho potatoes", which were really "Jo-Jo potatoes" in English. (J sounds like H, if you didn't know)

3) As a teenager, I watched the movies I love over and over again and never get tired of watching them even now. I can to this day quote every line from Tommy Boy, Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman, and Grease, and several more...

4) I like buying a planner every year to fill in all my addresses and phone numbers and birthdays, even though I very, very rarely ever use a planner for anything at all.

5) I pretend to be very organized, but really it's just "organized" out of order piles of junk. As long as there are 'neat' piles on the desk, on the floor, on the coffee table, etc., I feel very organized. But we'll just say that I'm organized. It's easier, and sounds better.
6) I have sort of a phobia of cats. I can stand to pet a cat, but I can't be all lovey dovey with one. I mean, it's a cat. Come on. They are sneaky. They swat at your feet from under the bed. They jump on your moving feet under the sheets. They look at you like they're going to jump out at you any minute and you just don't know what they're about to do. Cats are about the only thing in the world that I get anxious about. I absolutely cannot sleep in the same room as a cat. No way. I'm not an animal 'hater', per say, but I just don't like cats.
7) I've had some horrible experiences with mice/rats in my life that have also caused me to be pretty much terrified of them. For example, while looking through the pantry late one night, I opened the door and a mouse feel on MY HEAD!!! Yeah. As a very young child, a mouse ran up my leg. While living at Casa Aleluya, I stayed in a tiny 6x10 'room' with no windows for 6 weeks. Mice lived in the ceiling. I didn't sleep for nights and nights because all I could hear was the sound of mice 'falling' on the ceiling. It was so loud and I was freaking out!! I would just cry myself to sleep so many nights!! So, I guess mice cause me to panic just a little bit.
So, there's a few things you may not have known about me... I tag anyone else who wants to do this!!

0 comments: