CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

what an emotional half hour...

Daddy just called from Guatemala. Steve and Shyrel brought Flor down for dinner in Antigua. He called thinking, maybe, that I would like to talk to her... uh, YES PLEASE!!
He handed her the phone and I began to speak... she didn't respond at all, not sure what her face was saying, but she wasn't talking back to me. That was fine. I wasn't upset about that as much as I was when they handed the phone back to Daddy she just started bawling and I could hear her. He said she had fallen asleep on the way to Antigua. So she was a little overwhelmed.
My heart is just broken right now. To hear her crying, knowing that there is nothing I can do from here. I can't hold her, comfort her... I just broke down crying when we got off the phone. I couldn't help it and I didn't even feel it coming. I couldn't pick my face up. My heart just feels so heavy...

***EDIT*** Daddy just called back... Flor has woken up a little bit and warmed up to everyone. She's sitting in Daddy's lap and he handed her the phone. I talked to her for several minutes and she just sat there listening. Daddy told me later that she was sitting so still while listening to me talk to her. When he handed her the phone a second time (he had to make sure I was still talking to her), she said, "HOLA MAMA!!" I said back to her, "HOLA FLORICITA!!", and she just bursted out laughing!! It was so adorable!! I feel much better now knowing she's having a good time and loving on her abuelito!!

5 comments:

Amy Clemons said...

Oh....My heart was breaking to until I read the edit. I want her home so bad for you...and her...and everyone else. I can't wait to finally meet her. Hang in there!

gracie :) said...

I know you just want to be able to scoop her up and love on her and never stop! Hoping that day comes soon for you!

The Heinrichs said...

You are making me cry! Why does this process have to be so long?!?!? So glad she got a giggle out of mamma saying Hola! Oh the things that make them laugh! So sweet!

Amy said...

Awww - so glad you got to talk to her. I can't imagine hearing your baby cry half way across the world. Hugs to you today! I am having some prayer time specifically for Simeon with my parents today - we will cover you and Flor in prayer too.

Bill and Melodie said...

Awe, praying for you and sweet Flor, that you will be together soon! Any word?
I saw that your dad may drop the stuff off to Lesley for Adriana, is he going to ask her what's going on????