CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

DAY TWO!

Our second day together was great! I got to take Stephanie and Flor to Antigua, where I lived a few years ago. So, we packed Flor in the car and took off. No carseat, so we just stuck Flor in the seatbelt and drove very carefully.

We parked the car and walked over to the artesian plaza to pick up some souvenoirs. It is such a beautiful plaza and Stephanie was able to get gifts for Brennan and Tanner and I got a few things for Flor as keepsakes.








As trip to Antigua would not be complete without lunch at Mono Loco! My favorite place to eat. Of course, I had chicken quesadillas and shared with Flor. Stephanie had the same and actually tried the guacamole! (she said she liked it.)



Antigua is surrounded by 3 beautiful volcanos: Agua, Fuego, and Pacaya. Aqua is the biggest that you see in the background of these pictures, but Pacaya is the only one that is active. It can actually be seen smoking almost daily and at night red fire can be seen at the very top!



Walking in central park is an adventure all in itself. There are so many people and things to see. It is always a busy place.



All three volcanos can be seen from central park, unless the trees get in the way.



Another famous tourist picture op is at the golden arch. No, not McDonald's. Just one arch. Just past this arch is another of my favorite restaurants, Frida's.



We had the pleasure of being able to visit Senora Maria, my Spanish teacher from Cano/El Quetzal Spanish school. She is an amazing Christian woman, who not only helped me with Spanish, but taught me a lot about having faith and being a servant. She also works in her spare time with the church visiting the rural areas on Guatemala, near Tecuaco, to spread Jesus' love. She has such a sweet spirit. Our Spanish lessons usually turned into Bible studies, which was just fine with me. I truly have a special place in my heart for Senora Maria. She took the time to visit with us and prayed over Flor after we took this picture.



Afterwards, we went by some of the ruins in Antigua. I'd never actually visited them in all the years I'd lived in Guatemala. No time like the present. Antigua has such history and it would take a week to visit all there is to see just in the 8 block area of "downtown" Antigua. But we had fun wondering around the beautiful grounds of these ruins in particular. Flor got hot and found a small area of shade to sit in with her baby.





I think she liked Stephanie just a little bit. What do you think?

We did actually stop by McDonald's to cool off and eat some ice cream. Flor was very proud of her ice cream cone, which she thoroughly enjoyed as she ate it very, very slowly. That night we went to The Westin in zona 10. Chris had helped us get his employee discount (you know, since I'm his sister and all). I have never stayed in such a nice hotel, in the States nor in Guatemala. Most comfortable beds ever. Stephanie snapped a picture of me giving Flor her first bath. It wasn't really her first bath, but it was the first bath I gave her as her mommy. You can tell by the picture that she loved it.. and that she is very ticklish!! >


Chris was amazing in helping us last minute getting a room at the Westin. But not only that, he had a little surprise left in the room for Flor. This sweet, HUGE teddy bear with a little note attached saying, "Congratulations!" Flor was so surprised!!

0 comments: