CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Embassy appointment... CHECK!!!






The Embassy appointment with (almost) without a glitch. We arrived on time. I only sat in the wrong area for a few minutes. (haha) No problem. Made it to the right place, and started talking to a few other parents that were there with their children waiting on the same thing I was. There was a very nice gentleman (lawyer) with one lady who helped me make sure I had all the right documents in order, which I already knew I did, but it was nice to have someone who has done it before to help. I turned in everything and paid, then waited some more. When we were called back for our first interview, the lady asked me when I first met Flor. March 2006. Well, my NEW passport shows that this is my only trip... soooooo, thank God that I brought my old one. I just know that He put that thought in my head, saying, "I'll need that to prove I've visited before." So glad I listened. Of course, I didn't have it with me!! But the interviewer was nice enough to let me run get it and come right back to her! I RAN out to get a taxi that just would not go fast enough, ran upstairs, burst in the door like a crazy woman, telling Stephanie I NEED MY OLD PASSPORT!!! It was in the first place I looked, thankfully. So here we go again, run downstairs, run outside, grab a cab, and head BACK to the Embassy. I get to go right back to the same lady, which goes so smoothly, then again waiting for the next interview. It wasn't but about 10 minutes before she called our name. I raised my right hand, and there it began. It was short and sweet and I'm pretty sure they fell in love with Flor too! It was all over with an "APPROVED!!" We go back tomorrow for her visa.
All of this was done between 7:15 and 9:15... I was so shocked to get back and see it was only 9:30!! I felt like it was AT LEAST after lunch! It was such a long morning, but other than the passport thing, which really turned out to be nothing because God was watching out for me.
Oh!! Another cool thing was since I had to take 4 taxis instead of only 2, I thought I would run out of cash, but before leaving the last time, I looked and saw I had Q25, and can you guess how much that last taxi ride was? If you guessed Q25, then you were right!! God is good, and He sees even the smallest detail.. and provides!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great that the lady let you go get the passport! I'm glad things are going smooth! Visa and then home!!

Kelsey Lantz said...

AHHHHH I am so excited for you!!!!!!!! praying the rest of the trip goes smoothly!

Amy said...

Awesome pics - mother and daughter :). So glad you had a smooth appointment! Woohoo!!!

Carissa said...

Awesome!!! I'm so glad that everything went well, and I'm so excited to see the two of you in pictures together!! Praise the Lord for making a family. :)

Debbie said...

I'm really really happy for the both of you!! See you soon... oh yes... Flor looks sooooo cute!

Stacie said...

Isn't nice to breathe easy again?!? I am SO GLAD everything went great at the embassy! Flor looks so precious and you two look so happy together. I LOVE IT and I am SO HAPPY for you both!

Lord, you are SO AMAZING! Thank for knowing just what we need, right when we need it!

Can't wait to see more!
Stacie

Amy Clemons said...

Love the pics!!!! That outfit is so cute but Flor is always adorable. Glad the hairbow worked for her. Can't wait for you to get home. Btw... my hubby thinks he knows you. He wants to know where you went to H.S. He thinks he remembers you. Too Funny!

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

I am so excited....the pictures of y'all are AMAZING!!! She loves you so, so much. I am so proud of you Amanda!!! Can't wait to see Flor soon.

Buffi Young said...

So glad all that got worked out!!WHEW...praise the Lord you had that old passport!!! :) You guys look wonderful together. Flor looks SO HAPPY!!!!