CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 19, 2009

11 years ago this week....

.. I was in Guatemala for the first time. I went with a group of 8 to 12 people, two of which were my dad and 11 year old brother. We slept in green army tents. I helped in the kitchen cooking for 180 children. I cleaned bathrooms and dorm rooms for 180 children. I changed about 180 diapers... or more... and I played for countless hours with babies I'd never met before, but who I quickly fell in love with. A see of dark hair and chocolate eyes and brown skin... they were all so beautiful. When I think about all that fell into place to get me to that country... all that I've been through that kept me going back.. and I think of the precious little girl that I kiss good night every night... I cannot ingore God's hand all over our life. I wonder how much my life would be different even if one little step to get me from 11 years ago to now wouldn't have happend. What if I would have been stubborn and said no to the call in my heart. What if I would have followed the world's steps instead of God's? I thank Him every day for bringing me through all that he did. I am beyond blessed because he did.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I remember that trip Amanda! Forever changed my life...and obviously yours too :) I would LOVE to see Flor sometime!! I could just eat her up :)

Amy said...

Wow- so glad you made that trip :) What a blessing that country has been to your life in many ways :)