CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

summer time update

Ok, I really appologize at how horrible I've been at blogging.. I can't believe it's been so long!

Flor has learned the word "why" and uses it after every sentence I speak. When I ask her, "Why do you always ask me 'why?'..?" Her response: "Because I'm Flor." Sometimes she tries to tell me that it's because she had a cleft lip as a baby, but I'm just not buying that. The first excuse is so much more believable. It's funny, she holds up one side of her lip when you ask her what she looked like as a baby. (we've been looking at pictures recently)

Another thing she's started just in the past week is commenting after every statement you make to her with, "I know!" (but you have to imagine that in the cutest little Guatemalan "valley girl" voice you can) -ie- "Flor, you're so pretty!" -I know!- or "Flor, look at the fireworks!" -I know!- I promise I don't talk like that.

She's spending the summer with a family friend, which has been such a blessing for us! She'll start back to "school" August 10th, which is actually just a daycare, but to Flor it's school and she loves it! I can't wait for them to see how much English she's learned this summer.

We go swimming at least twice a week and Flor is getting so good! She is very brave and makes me so proud when I see her overcome her fears and push herself to grow. She jumps off the side now by herself and she will "swim" underwater with only her arm floats on. She can touch in the shallow end on her tippy toes, which quite frankly makes me a little sad because I can almost watch her growing!!!

2 comments:

Vikki said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

Glad to see you today! Flor sounds adorable and so smart :) We have got to get together ASAP!