CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 25, 2009

an old journal

Flor is napping right now... she was worn out from the lake trip. I'll post a few pictures later, although I didn't take my camera out on the lake because we just floated on a huge "island" float off the dock. Too risky for my camera.

I've been doing some late summer cleaning and I found my journal from my second trip to Guatemala, which was November and December 1998. I was there for 6 weeks. I have to post some of the things I wrote because its just so funny...

"November 2, 1998: ...'Yesterday I found out where I might be sleeping for the next month. It is the room that Katie slept in when I was here. It is so tiny and it smells like pee a little. But I figure, I'll get used to it."

BWHAHAHAAH!&^@*&!^@&*!!! Seriously?!?

"November 9, 1998: ...'It was so hard for me to get to sleep tonight because I could hear the rats running across the ceiling. I know they can't get in, but I'm really not a mouse person at all. I've woken up twice and right now it's 3:16am and I just took a shower."

-I can vividly remember that night... makes. me. shudder.

Ok, and this one's my favorite so far:

"November 19, 1998: 'The other day, me and Jenny went to the tienda out on the road. Well, all of the sudden this big truck pulls up and about 2 women, 3 men, and 4 or 5 police stepped out. The policemen had their rifles or whatever. So we thought it was something big. Then all of the sudden they pull out this pizza with a coke. They all just sit by the road and eat. Isn't that strange? There are so many strange and wonderful things to see in Guatemala. I love it here."

How funny is that?!? Somehow seeing this strange thing just confirmed to me how much I loved that country... too funny.

Hopefullly I'll find more things to post from this journal.

0 comments: