CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 23, 2004

music to my ears

Tonight it has been such a blessing to me to hear Melvin and Zaidy in their room singing praises with the girls. I began this past Monday, giving guitar 'lessons' to Melvin. He has an old classical guitar... and I mean OLD. The thing will hardly stay tuned. So, tonight he asked to borrow mine to sing with the girls. They want to begin a praise team with the girls that want to and sing to sick people. I'm not sure if that would be in the hospital or what, but I think it's a wonderful thing for them to do. I hope to be apart of it.




I have been off for the past two days. Yesterday, I went to eat lunch with Laisa. We got to visit for a few hours. It was great to see her. We have become good friends. And she bought my lunch... sweetheart. Jill and I were supposed to go the Embassy to get our absentee ballots with Carroll, but it was too late when Carroll got back, so we will go Monday. I went with Carroll in the afternoon to Hyper Paiz (like a Super Walmart) and she treated me to an ice cream. :) I also bought Barbara a birthday present. They have one birthday party a month and this month it's this Sunday. Barbara was the only birthday this month though. We will have cake and give her presents. This is one time when we are allowed to give individual presents.



Tonight Keyla asked me to help her with this book she had. It was a Veggietales book and it has stickers. She wanted me to give her ideas as to where to put the stickers. I translated the stories and then we decided which sticker was best for each page. She is so sweet. I also got to spend some time talking to Ana. She had lots of questions to ask me about my family. Like, Does my family love me? Why do I live with my sister? Very serious questions for an 8 year old to be asking. She said she wanted to see her brother, but he is in another home.



OH! Also, the girls put on a drama for Melvin, Zaidy, and I. It was so funny!! They did the same little drama, six different times, in different ways. Once they did it normal, once in slow motion, once in fast motion, once with everyone laughing, once with everyone angry and screaming.. it was great!!



I finally talked to my friend Tono today from San Lucas. I had the wrong phone number, but I ran into Ester who is marrying his brother and she gave me the new one. I may get to go to church with them tomorrow night. :) Also, I talked to David Mitchell at Casa Aleluya and may get to see them tomorrow afternoon. It's their day off and I get off at 1:30. That will be great!



I ate chinese today and I gave my leftovers to Mama Elena. She said, ¨God bless you!! God bless you!!¨ HAHAHHAAA! She is precious!



I think I'm forgetting some English. I know I'm forgetting how to spell some words. Like just then; precious in Spanish is 'preciosa', and I kept typing 'precios' and I couldn't figure out what looked funny about it. heheh.



Well, right now I'm talking to Connie and Stephanie (my sisters) online at the same time, writing this... my brain is about to explode. This is hard. So, I'll end here.



Good night.

0 comments: