CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 5, 2004

Sitting at Texaco

Wow. It seems like so long since I have been able to check my email. It hasn't even been a week. ha. I think I'm spoiled with it. Oh well. I do hope that they get the internet hooked up soon at home. It would be nice to be able to just go down to the office when I have tiem off instead of having to wait days to write home. It's ok though. I'm lucky to have it every so often.




This weekend was a good one. I was very busy, working all day Saturday and Sunday. But I really enjoyed it. I like spending time with the girls. For awhile Saturday, I was alone with all 18 girls! I felt overwhelmed for a minute, but it wasn't bad at all and it wasn't for THAT long.



Sunday, we had service in the new church for the first time. It is a lot smaller, but I think it will save the church some money on the rent. This church is actually a really big church, but they have grown actually into many different churches, so the need for a large building was gone. It still has a lot of work to be done on it. The older girls got to go last Saturday to help paint and are going again this weekend, I believe.



Jill's church has sent her money to do something special with the girls. So, next Wednesday afternoon, we are going to the movie theater to see a movie. The majority of these girls said they have never been to a theater. If there is enough money they will have popcorn and a drink too. Actually, even if there isn't enough money, I think I will offer to get the snacks. You can't have your first movie theater experience without popcorn and a coke, right? The girls are so excited for this. The screamed when they heard the news. It will be such a treat.



The girls get out of school next week to start their break. (Like our summer break, but it's during November and December) This will be the end of their school year. We have lots of things planned for them during this time. They will hopefully get to join a gym where they can take swimming lessons, gymnastics, tennis, etc. I hope to get to go and do it with them. I also have made a schedule for the girls to start cooking breakfast and to help Moma Elena with lunch and dinner. They have asked to learn to cook and need to learn anyway. It such a necessity especially here to know how to cook.



Oh, and I am SO excited about this weekend!!! I have both Saturday and Sunday off! Actually, Jill and I both do. She is going to Tapachula, Mexico with her aunt. She invited me, but I had to take advantage of this opportunity to go to my church in San Lucas. I haven't seen any of them yet. And to hear Merari preach...!!! I can't wait!!! I will call Tono tomorrow to let him know and make plans.



Also, my pastor from the States, Bro. David, will be coming this Friday! I am planning on working a trip to Casa Aleluya in there somewhere. My mind is working it all out as I type. :) It will be a good weekend, I'm sure. I may also get to see another man who used to live at Casa on Saturday. We'll see how it all works out. I hope I'm not trying to fit too much into two days. I also want to go to Antigua to try and find Zarhim. She is a girl who lived in the apartment beneath Marisa and I last summer when we studied Spanish. She is only 17, and has been on her own for 2 years now. She accepted Christ while we were here and I am dying to see her!



I am going on the 15th to stay with Barbara in the hospital. She goes once a month for dialisis and a check up in the national hospital and the lady who normally stays with her can't got this month, so I volunteered. She was excited that I am going. She said I needed to bring lots of games and stuff for us to do. She is so adorable. She just got her passport and will go on the 13th to try for her Visa to the U.S. If she can get it, she and Carroll will go to Orlando the last week of October. !! She is so blessed and I can't wait to hear her stories and see pictures when she gets back. Please be praying that she gets her Visa with no problems.



Also, if you could pray for the director of the school's wife. She has been having health problems... blood sugar problems, and she passed out at school today.



We got a new girl Sunday, her name is Evelyn. Actually, she is an old girl. She lived here before and has been gone a year. She experienced horrible abuse from her family. Her parents had her begging for money in the streets, so she ran away and came back to where she was loved. We are all excited that she is here. She is 15 years old. She also has two siblings we are praying for. There were 6 girls in all that came when she did. They are thinking a few more will come as soon as school is over.



0 comments: